It’s no secret that thousands of Americans complain about back pain, it always seems to be the topic of discussion. In a 2012 study, it was proved that on a yearly average, nearly $635 billion dollars is spent on pain management. An incredibly high percentage of that is narrowed down to back pain management.
If you find yourself constantly needing to stretch, or rub your neck or back to quickly help ease back pain, you’re not alone. It’s us, the people with the office jobs who lean over to see our computer screens closer for 8 hours in a day. Where can this pain end? Is there a drug-free solution?
These days, millions of people opt for a cleaner approach and have decided to ditch the hard-core drugs for a better solution; a chiropractic solution. A cheaper and cleaner alternative for a back pain-free life. Back pain can be caused in many ways, and mostly in a multitude of ways. No back pain is ever the same, we are all individual in that sense but feel pain nonetheless.
Back pain is caused by strained back muscles or tension build up in your upper back or lower-neck regions, or the more popular, lower back regions. These causes come from poor posture, straining of the neck while looking down at a phone screen, worn out joints from age or injury and so on.
With back pain, so common in our society and with many factors adding to this pain, why hasn’t the chiropractic approach reached its popularity yet? Truth is, it’s hard to assume that anything other than hard drugs could take away such a severe pain. Chiropractors, however, go straight to the source and relieve the tension built up in our necks and backs. They do this by adjusting the needed area to increase mobility of the joints, properly align the spine, and increase blood to flow to the tension-filled muscles. It’s near instant relief, and you will find you will less likely need any further assistance from prescription drugs. This saves time and money!
There are other ways you can alleviate your pain, to keep it from going too extreme.
- A healthy diet is always key to total body health, yes, this includes your back.
- Regular stretching is highly recommended by any physician, activating your muscles and keeping them moving keeps blood flowing.
- Use ice packs to reduce inflammation and numb the pain, for a quick fix.
- Pay attention to how you sit at your desk, are you leaning? How do you stand, do you slouch? These are key components to watch for when trying to relieve your back pain. Keep your back straight.
- Not an avid gym goer? Then maybe you should try. Staying active is the key to keeping your muscles and joints active and healthy, this gives ample room for blood flow and allows no room for back pain.
Ask your doctor about how a chiropractor could help you with your severe back pain. If you haven’t yet tried this healthier approach, you may be missing out on the great decision of your life. Your back will thank you.